Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So much to blog... so little time

I'm so behind on blogging that I don't know if I'll ever catch up, but I'm going to try. Today I'm posting a bit about Josh, his mission and the generosity of so many that have helped us stay on track to get him out on his mission.

The days that I think I'm going to seriously hurt Josh because he's part teenager/part adult and some days acts more like a teenager, I read his acceptance letter for his mission call. I'm going to post it because it was so neat to see that he really does want to go and serve the Lord.

Letter:

I am pleased to serve the Lord and the people of Mexico, I look forward to dedicating all my effort and attention to preaching the gospel of Christ to those that would hear it. I have a testimony of the restored gospel and of Joseph Smith and have been preparing to share that glad message to the humble souls that hunger for that knowledge. I know serving is a big part in my own salvation and hope that baptisms and faithful new saints will be a by-product of my labors. I anticipate this opportunity I have been given with much excitement.

With Love,

Elder Davis

We are so proud of him and that he is preparing to go on his mission. We have been blessed already with Eric finding a job, my wedding business is starting to fill up for fall and winter and the days that I just cry because I don't know how we are going to pay for his mission I get phone call for business, a dear ward member calls to let us know that they will buy all his shirts, others have given Josh money to help him prepare to get ready to go or my family reassures us that they will help us any way they can I know the Lord is blessing us already. We are so grateful to be a part of this gospel and to have our son help take this that makes us so happy to others that need it in their lives. Thank you to everyone that has been such a good influence on us and our family. We love you and hope we can some day repay all the generosity that you have given us.

5 comments:

•stephanie• said...

molly . . . i need to get you info about the missionary moms' email list.
you can get so much great info there.
watch your inbox!
we are rooting for josh and know he will be an excellent missionary.
oh, the blessings of having a son serve . . .

Krystall said...

Congratulations! What an awesome call and a beautiful letter! I'm so glad you are being blessed. :)

It's a great life! said...

That's the beauty of service in the gospel, you don't ever have to directly repay those who help Josh, cause someday you are going to be in a position to help someone else who is ready to go and serve, you will help them, they will help someone else and the circle of service continues. It is so wonderful!!

--Arnnette said...

Elder Davis,
I love your testimony.

Molly,
I'm so happy for the blessings that your family are receiving. Trials can really be challenging, believe me I have the white "wisdom" hairs to prove it, but It makes us appreciate that much more what we do have. Where in Mexico is he going to and when does he leave?
Ciao for now,
Arnnette

Heather said...

It was fun to see ya the other day! Glad we have bdays so we can keep in touch! Mexico, that is awesome! How exciting!!