Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thing to be grateful for...

I guess I better get at least a few things posted before I get so behind I'll never want to do it again. We had a great Thanksgiving. We usually have two dinner's to go to but, this year the Davis' didn't have a get-together. Though I missed seeing the family and my mother-in-laws stuffing, It was nice not having to rush all day long.

We have had a very relaxing weekend and I'm grateful for my family. The Mora's got together at my Brother Lamoni's house. And had all the food we could eat and then some. We have most of the traditional Thanksgiving things like turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, but we also have Mexican food traditionally served at Christmas time like pierna (pork roast), black beans, jicama and peanut salad, and some years we even do chiles rellenos, but not this year.


The Day was so nice you could see the mountains so clearly I had to take a couple of pictures.

I'm grateful for the earth we live in and for the freedoms we have in this great country.
I'm grateful for my family, even though they hate taking pictures.Grateful for my brothers and sisters and that they open their home to all of us to celebrate these special days.

For a home to live in especially in these difficult times (but I'm especially grateful for the decorating part of it)




For talents and friends that make me remember them. I was asked to dance last week. It was lots of fun remembering the steps and choreography, but my knee didn't appreciate it so much.


I'm grateful that my mom taught me the love of crafting among many other things. I do it as much and as often as I can. I attempted to do a boutique this year and these are some of the things I did.
Christmas wreaths...

Joy and other type of signs... It was lots of fun making them.

Grateful for good schools that my children go to and that they still celebrate the Holidays.
This was Eric John's class and their thanksgiving feast.
Grateful for lazy days with the kids and simple things like making ice cream in a bag.
Especially grateful for little surprises like Dallin coming home the other day with a shaved head. After I got over the shock, he explained that the whole football team did it in Honor of a friend battling cancer, and they did it to lift up his spirits. He passed about a week later and the kids were all very strong and decided to dedicate their playoff football game to him.

Red was Loren Merkley's favorite color so they all wore red the whole day...Even for their game. The cheerleaders cheered for him and I'm sure that his family truly appreciated it. I proud of all the boys. Good job Bulldogs!!!
There are so many things to be grateful but more than anything I'm grateful to know my children walk in truth and righteousness.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Krystall said...

What a beautiful post Molly!

It's so cool that the boys did that for Loren and his family- I'm sure they really appreciated it!

It was fun seeing you for a split second on Black Friday- that was a crazy day! :)

Salsa Mama said...

Wow!!! I love that dancing dress, Molly. It is my goal to have one of those one day... I also loved your crafts!! Cute signs!

Heather said...

Love your gratitude post! btw - your new header photo is really nice.
I love looking at your decor and crafts. Let me know if you do a boutique. You look great in that dress!

KayDee said...

What an awesome post!

HOw fun that you got to dance again:)(even if your knee didnt like it)

Love the new header!

Unknown said...

That was a fun post Molly. All the pictures, your dancing costume, crafts.....you're amazing. I can't say it enough.