Sunday, April 27, 2008

Prom Night



Josh went to prom Yesterday and from the interrogations he's gotten (from mom) last night and this morning, I gather he had a ton of fun and everyone enjoyed themselves. Four couples went together. They went quading in the morning, had lunch at the park and came home to change for the dance. They had dinner at the Bowman's home courtesy of sister Bowman, and were picked up in a stretch limo (something I've never done before) this was courtesy of the Seymour Family. They went to the dance mostly stood in line for pictures. I was disappointed to hear that they don't decorate for pictures anymore, they stood in front of a green screen so the background can be digitally put in later, that's no fun at all, and it was such a cute theme, One Night in Venice. They Danced, rode home in the Limo and got home about 1:00 am all safe and sound. I can't ask for anything more. Well, maybe some money back in my pocket, prom is soooo expensive. But, look at that smile, priceless... Mr GQ
Shantae and Josh at the Stradling's home. (I got permission to sneak over and take a picture)
The pinning of the boutonniere Putting on the wristlet (less pressure than a corsage)


I also thought his way of asking was very cute,

kind of rude, but very cute He bought a big dump truck and filled it with
Honey Buns and attached a little note that said:


I know, slightly inappropriate, all I can say is that I wasn't home and my husband was the one helping him. She answered with a jar full of mints, two different kinds and he was supposed to smell each one , if there were more spearmint it was a yes, if there were more wintergreen it was no, happy to say that it was a yes and our sinus' are free and clear.


I have to add that I'm grateful for good boys that make good choices and for Shantae and her family, that have taught her to be such a neat Young Lady. I'm glad everyone had a good time.


3 comments:

•stephanie• said...

josh looks hot and if you photoshop that tie and pocket square to be just a little darker, you could use that as a missionary photo. his date's dress is darling, too. glad a good time was had by all!

Krystall said...

Sounds like they had a lot of fun!!

I love the way she answered him, how creative! :)

Salsa Mama said...

Hi Molly!
I'm glad you posted about this so I can have my girls see it for a good date example. I LOVE that her dress is lovely and MODEST. Sounds like so much fun, too. You have great kids!