Thursday, August 21, 2008

What to do, what to do...

It feels like I haven't blogged for a long time. When it rains it pours, and that's what my life has been like the past few weeks. I had two weddings two weeks in a row. I babysat my nephews Hudson and Colton for a week in between the two weddings, I have to say (as much as I loved having the babies at my house) I'm so glad I don't have babies any more. I've forgotten how much work they are, you know with all the eating and taking care of them that you have to do.


The two weddings I had could not be more different. The first one we have affectionately dubbed it the sprite wedding. Cute summery colors with limes and lemons and touches of hot pink. This was a fun one to do. I now have more lemons and limes than I know what to do with, but when life hands you lemons... well you know the rest... throw them away. J/K ;)For the second wedding we had baby blue and black. The centerpieces were vases with fish in them (I ended up with one of the fish, that the family was so kind to give Eric John) but I know it's just suffering in the small vase its still in and the strick diet of bread crumbs, because I keep forgetting to buy fish food. Anyway, my battery died after snapping this picture and well this is all you get.The kids went back to school. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah... Love the kiddos, but I'm very happy they're back in school and being productive again. Kenyon started seminary this year, he's a 9th grader and loves seminary. It's early morning so four of us from the ward takes turns carpooling. Long days when its my turn.Angela doesn't go back to pre-school until September, but she wanted to wear her new school clothes as well, so here is a preview. Too cute, thanks Krissy for the cute blouse.Went to lunch for Rachele Oram's birthday to the new Gecko grill in QC. We had a great time. Emily couldn't come and Tiffany had to leave early that day so we photo shopped them in the picture because they were there in spirit. (I'm not very good at it yet, but I'm working on it)
Many cooking days over the summer. Ammon has become our soux chef he wants to help for every meal. Here he is with dad making Tyler Florence's potato chips. They were delicious. This was our last meal of the summer before school started, you know the last meal before the prison sentence...


I was in charge of the barbecue (from scratch) also a Tyler recipe... ... and corn bread. It was all very delicious.
Primary Activity Day was a Missionary Day. They had lots of fun doing door approaches, decorating a can to save money in and other missionary activities. We have an awesome primary presidency.

So how do you get your kids to eat their veggies... you make it fancy, call it a fancy name and serve it on real plates (not paper plates) We had Cobb salads and pork chops a couple of nights ago and usually I can't get them to touch the salad bowl, they ate every bit on their plate. Not only did they eat it all they loved it. They said this was the best salad they every had, go figure, all I had to do was separate all the parts.


I have also received a new calling, I am a nursery teacher. This Sunday will be my 4th week and I love it. The kids are so cute and the nursery coordinator Stacey Gillespie has it running like clock-work. I'm glad its very structured and organized, the kids do so well this way. Well, I know its a lot to take in all this info and fun stuff, hopefully I won't fall so far behind any more. I do love blogging, but it's almost as bad as a baby, you have to feed and take care of it all the time.

3 comments:

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

YOur posts make me hungry! Your wedding turned out great! ANd it looks like I better stat coming to things with you guys because I didnt make the cut for photoshop
:( haha

Krystall said...

Awesome Molly. I love you! :)

chris+amber said...

I LOVE the weddings you did! GOOD JOB!! I ♥ Tyler too. Those dishes look yummy! Do you ever get to just sit & relax? I think you're the most productive person alive! Amazing!