Sunday, September 21, 2008

Running with the wrong crowd...

So we're sitting home Monday night minding our own 'binuss' when we get a knock at the door. What happened after that was just so crazy, I still can't believe it. It was 6, count them 6, uniformed policemen (one woman- I think?) with a warrant for Eric's arrest. Now, you ask yourself, what could Eric have possibly done to warrant a warrant, well he, unbeknowst to us, did not (or so they claim) pay an off-road riding ticket he received over a year ago, back in April of 07, when he went riding with my brothers and family. We never received the notice to appear in court, but my friend Amy took care of it back in August of 07. Come to find out, the guy that reduced the fine (originally $125) to $25 did not follow through on his paperwork, so the check sent to pay for the fine just sat around in their office. So, instead of sending a letter or court appearance or even a collections call they decided to send in the swat team to round up the very dangerous off road rider - you know how dangerous those guys can be. I was livid!!!!!!!!!! and in disbelief at their attitude and lack of understanding. They made us pay the full amount of the original fine or else they would have to arrest the teddy bear that is my husband. Good to know that my tax dollars are going to good use. How much do you think they spent that night; 3 different government departments, 3 cars, 6 salaries to collect a $125 dollar fine? It's crazy!!! I still can't believe it.
This is the only picture you get, the cops wouldn't take a picture of us for my blog, so rude!!

5 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

Are you serious? Is this just a blog joke, or are you really telling us the truth??? I can NOT believe that! The nerve! And then to not even let you take a picture... ;)

So glad they didn't take Eric. Who would make our salsa then?

Krystall said...

Oh my gosh! That's horrible! And ridiculous!! The only thing I've heard like that that was worse was my best friend was ARRESTED and booked after being pulled over for a broken tail light and the officer found a 7 year old warrant for an UNLEASHED DOG!! (A postal worker had complained!) Mind you, she had her Mom and 5 kids with her at the time of the arrest! Crazy the things that can get you in such big trouble when real criminals are hangin around everywhere! I'm glad Eric wasn't actually arrested- that's just insane!

KayDee said...

OH My Gosh!!! I cant believe that! Love the tax dollars at work!

GoatesGirl said...

Holy crap! I CAN NOT believe they wouldn't let you get a picture of them for your blog...how rude!

Susy said...

Wow! That is crazy! Glad it got taken care of though. totally different subject... come check out our blog!

http://familiapenatx.blogspot.com/