Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference weekend

I have to say that I love conference weekend. We get to hear the best messages from the Prophet, we can do it in our PJ's and we spend time with our kids. We love this family time. Like President Monson likes to say... It's time to make some memories... We have a few traditions we do for the Sunday session. I try to always have a notebook, or some kind of coloring packet for the kids. The older boys take copious notes because they play conference trivia the Tuesday after conference against the YW in the ward. They make sure to record all conferences and even go back and review the broadcasts. I'm grateful for good youth leaders that have these great traditions for the youth in the ward.
I make Cinnamon rolls for every conference and the kids love them.

I wish I could say that they are all sitting quietly listening and learning, but more often than not, this is the scene in our home. Bodies strewn about everywhere and enjoying whatever stuff they got for conference. It's a good day.P.S. Our ward did a conference kick-off this year on Friday. They had a pot-luck dinner and several activities for us to do. The YM did a cute video about all the ward happenings. It was a lot of fun and such a good idea, I hope we do it every conference weekend.

No comments: