Monday, October 6, 2008

What's gotten into me...

So unlike my usual self, I have been on an organizing kick. Surprising I know, I'm a self admitted slob. I'm a messy crafter, cooker and doer of all things. Organization is not one of my talents or strengths. So for me to organize stuff is a huge accomplishment. My closet was one of those things I kept putting off. There was a small path to our clothes and if I needed anything from "the pile" I had to go diving to find anything. So here are the results of my weeks worth of work (and help from good old Amy)...
It's mostly my craft stuff. It's the only room I have to put stuff in.
I know exactly where everything is and no more diving, for now anyway. I have to say that I have a lot of crap. I kept only what I use and gave away what I knew I was not going to need. The Achievement day girls in our ward got most of the stuff. I expect to see some cute stuff soon girls.
But the organizing didn't stop there, oh no, the garage was also organized and in much need of cleaning and purging, and did we ever purge. We got a trailer full of garbage and a truck load of give away stuff. Funny story about the trailer. Josh was at work, Eric was at work, so that only left me to take the trailer to the dump because it had to be back to the rental store. So after a 45 minute wait at the AJ dump I was assigned a spot to "back into"... well I don't know about you, but I don't know how to do that. So after several unsuccessful attempts to back-up with the trailer I gave up and was going to have Dallin and his friend Chas carry the garbage over. The lady came over to me and said "you can't dump there"... to which I said "I know"... to which she then hit her intercom walkie talkie and informed the driver of the tractor that was compressing the garbage..."we need help backing up here"...I wanted to die!!! And every guy at the dump was laughing at me...so the guy comes over backs up my trailer so we can throw our garbage away. It was quite embarrassing, but worth the humiliation to have a shinny clean garage.

Now I know where all my tools are at. And I can actually park my cars in the garage...

...Oh wait no I can't, the boys now think they have a man den they can "work out" in and get all buff......including a workout board and everything. What am I going to do with these boys.Today's project was making peach jam and replenishing my year supply. I think I probably need a few more boxes.

1 comment:

Salsa Mama said...

You have inspired me to make jam! BTW, I tagged you at my blog. :)