Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July


So for the first time in I don't know how many years, we didn't do anything with my family or any of our friends this year for the 4th. But, we had a very full day none-the-less. We got up early to go to the ward breakfast, it was well attended and it was nice to visit with friends.

What is up with that pose? She is just too sassy!

the Elder's quorum did a great job with breakfast and they had plenty of food. Good job guys.We went to the movies to a matinee and watched wall-e, well the three older boys watched Ironman (they are just too cool for a kiddie movie.) It was a cute movie and the kids loved it. Angela was especially excited about it and talked through the whole movie. 'Where is he going mom'; 'where's wall-e?'; 'Why is he sad daddy?'; etc. you get the picture.
We had Bahama bucks after the movie and enjoyed that very much, I particularly love the oasis, with ice cream of course. We then parked along the road on Ocotillo to watch the schnepf farms firework spectacular. They do a great job with the fireworks. Angela was so excited all day and fell asleep before they started. So in the morning when she woke up she said..."Mom, I missed the fireworks!" Maybe next year. It was a nice, relaxing day and the boys didn't complain at all about spending so much family time together. Next year I'm throwing a party! you're all invited!

2 comments:

sls said...

Hey Girl,
I love your blog! Your's is sprecktakular(it has the Molly touch)! Your birthday pictures are cute too. I need to figure out how to get all that cute stuff into mine. : )

Melissa Gardner said...

love the new blog look..soo cute.. they had me do singing time on sunday i wish i would have seen your thing sooner. so cute, you are so amazing my friend.. you inspire me..