Wednesday, July 16, 2008

19 years and counting...


Today (yesterday really as late as it is) is our anniversary and I wanted to post earlier, but not having a scanner really puts a damper on posting pictures you don't have digital copies of. So we went to the local Wally World and got some scanned. It was fun reminiscing the fun day July 15th was 19 years ago. Have you seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding? You know the scene where the whole family is at her house getting ready, video taping everything, being loud and preparing food, well that was my house the day I got married. It was my immediate family plus all the aunts and uncles helping out with one thing or the other. I really loved that day, maybe that's why I love doing weddings so much. As is in true character, I was late to the temple getting started, but it was beautiful and so peaceful being there. I don't remember much of that day, just that I was happy, scared and glad to see so much family and friends there. The reception was insane! There was probably about 500 people that attended the reception. We had food, fun and as is customary in any traditional Mexican wedding, dancing, dancing and more dancing. We had a live band and everything. I think my mom and dad went a little over-board, but it was definitely memorable.

I was happy and excited to start my own little family and now looking back I know why. I didn't know what the future held in store for me but I am grateful for all the ups and downs we have had and are going through, it only makes us stronger. I love my husband more than words can say and the beautiful family we have become these past 19 years. Happy Anniversary Honey.


Now a blast from the past and you are not allowed to laugh!! (makes me want to cry to see my skinny self back then, funny thing is that I thought I was big back then, what I would give to have the body back- I won't give up food though so I guess its not coming back)


Engagement photos from the local JC penny baby! Do you love the very calculated head tilt.

Times long ago and bodies long gone, we both enjoyed doing the same type of things, now replaced with family activities and less strenuous moves.

Go Eric! He was quite the basketball stud, still is just lower to the ground these days.

We had four bridal showers including this one that was for couples. It was at my friend Rebecca's house and she had Eric get in a huge box and wrapped it all up like a present and had him pop out of it. It was hilarious, I was a little disappointed it wasn't a Chip-n-Dale dancer ;)

Did I mention it was a Mexican Wedding. We always have the dollar dance. Everyone loves coming up and pinning money to your clothes for a few dances. I didn't mind so much after we counted all the money, over $700 that we used for our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta courtesy of Mom and Dad Davis (Thank you for the wonderful trip)

This was the Mora clan it seems a long time ago. I cherish these times we had together.

The Davis' were in utter shock at the amount of people in attendance (can you say culture shock) and more than the amount of people the amount of time they stayed. I remember my father-in-law giving up at about 10:00 pm, the dance lasted until midnight.

I know it doesn't seem like it but I was melting when we took these pictures, who gets married in the middle of July. I love that we have these memories that we can share and all the friends we have met along the way. 19 years seem to have just gone by so fast I can hardly believe it.

8 comments:

•stephanie• said...

I'd like to have MY body back, too. But, the hair . . . not so much! I'd forgotten that you got married on Jeff's birthday. Happy anniversary, you crazy kids!

Heather said...

LOVE the pics, Happy Anniversary to you!!

KayDee said...

Happy Anniversary:)Hope did something special! Love the pictures!

Kim Skinner said...

You guys were and are still so cute. Love the flashbacks. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on 19 years. Gives us something to look forward to.

Melissa Gardner said...

you guys are so a sweet couple.. some hot pictures of you too. i have a picture of randy flying through the air like that too. congratulations you two.. you two are such a great example to us all. we love you guys..

Krystall said...

You guys look so cute! It's crazy how fast time goes huh? Man your hair was crazy long! :)

Happy Anniversary!

manders said...

i still remember the money dance and i thought it was the coolest thing ever! congrats on 19 years!

--Arnnette said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I still have your wedding Invite!