Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Busy Month...It's going to be a long one...

Well, I guess I'd better catch up before I get so far behind that I won't want to do it at all. I haven't been blogging because my computer has been acting up again. Right now I'm using it with a huge fan on it so it doesn't overheat and shut down on me. It's a lovely site, my wobbly table and a huge fan on it. Just as luck would have it, the part that was just put in a few month ago gave out again. ANYWAY....


You thought I was joking!




GRADUATION

One down five to go. I can't believe that I'm so old. Didn't I just graduate a few years ago? Josh's graduation was really great. We had family and friends come to the graduation and the little get together afterwards. I have to say that Queen Creek did a great job on the graduation ceremony. The speakers were all very good and it all went quite smoothly and they even had fireworks at the end of the ceremony. It was great. Josh is happy to be done with this phase in his life and moving on to what comes next. Mission. I'm freaking out. It's such a happy, sad and scary thing. We're working hard on keeping him on track this next year. He received his Patriarchal Blessing last week and it was so beautiful. Brother Dupriest (stake Patriarch) is a wonderful, kind loving man and we appreciate his dedication to his calling.





CAMP

Camp was so much fun. Glad it's over!!!! This was definitely a new experience for me to be totally in charge of camp this way. I've been a part of girls camp for years, but never at this capacity. I have to say it was a lot of fun, very stressful and tiring, but worth every moment I had with the great girls in my ward. Our theme was Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful, Stand Tall as a Daughter of God. We had lots of fun with the theme: Flowers of all kind, beauty stuff and a lot frilly things, just up my alley. Needless to say I had plenty of crafts and activities for the girls to do and they loved it.


The Fourth year girls had a Super activity the day before all of the girls arrived. They got to go horseback riding. LUCKY...


These are the cute t-shirts we had this year. My good friend Eva Flake designed the logo and the girls picked brown and pink for the colors, great combo!


Crafts, crafts and more crafts. They did slinky bracelets, decorated journals, made decoupage jars for testimony night, and a framed temple picture. The girls loved it. Skit night was a blast. We had a beauty pageant. The girls were given a bag full o junk that they had to make a gown out of, provide a DJ, and do a commercial with all their stuff. The girls were hilarious and did a great job. Even my shy little 1st and 2nd year girls let loose. It was awesome.



Our Spiritual Night was particularly memorable. We had an Iron Rod Walk and Women of Value came to visit and talk to the girls about how they were their own kind of Beautiful. Everything came together perfectly and the girls had a very powerful experience that I hope they will remember for a long time.


WEDDINGS


I had Three weddings in May on top of everything else I had to do. YW Fundraiser, camp, graduation, Eric's baptism and well you know life. Here are some of the pictures of one of the weddings, the pictures for the other two are coming soon.


This was my Cousin Keisy's Wedding. We had lots of fun doing this wedding especially in the rain. We thought it would never end, but it did. Congratulations Keisy and Jordan.

They have a beautiful back yard.

Love the trailer in the backgroung, I need to photoshop this one.

Well, that's it for now, hopefully I'll be able to keep up this next month. I'm going up the the Pioneer Trek this week, wish me luck.

4 comments:

•stephanie• said...

glad to see a post from you, wonder woman. seriously, i don't know how you do it. you're my idol! good luck on the trek . . .

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Wow...I guess I need to check blogs more often! You have been BUSY. I love your wedding stuff and of course the girls were probably pampered this year with all your creative ideas. How fun. The picture of you and the other leaders is so funny because Tiffany looks just like she stepped out of that era. Its either that or she just got done making peach pie at Kate Bartlow from "Holes" I love it.
Dont feel bad about the computer - all our lives have some sort of fan and computer trust me! :)

Mayann said...

Life sure does get hectic at times, but you seem to just take it all in stride. Your awesome. I am so grateful for the opportunity to get to know you better during girls camp! You did an awesome job. Thank You!

Krystall said...

Wow Molly! :)